Judging the Human!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - Posted by Jess at 5:50 PM
I want to start off by making the statement, "I am not perfect!" I will never rise above level of human, at least not in this plane of existance! And to be honest sometimes that is troubling to me because I have this illusion that if I just do this, this and this everything will be perfect and I won't have to work so hard! :) And of course the universe always lets me know that that is not how this whole thing works and I get back on my path. So with that said, I had an experience a few weeks ago of having someone judge me pretty harshly and my ego felt a blow. Now with the whole statement of not being perfect, one of my character flaws is people pleasing and wanting everyone to not think negatively of me. SO, when I had this person say these things about me it really took me back, and I started to question myself. Am I what they state, and of course who do THEY think they are?!! And then my mind was off to the races! So feeling the pain of being judged by my peers really hurt. But then after a couple of days of talking with others and thinking things through more logically, I realized that I was doing the same thing as this person. I was judging them for the statements they made about me. Not realizing that we are, again, all flawed human beings! That we look at others and think that we know what is right or best for others, when in reality the name of the game is keeping the focus on ourselves and changing what we can change; about ourselves. So I came to the conclusion that the statements made about me were not true, but I also wasn't honest in my judgements of this person as well. We are all doing the best we can with what we have, right now! Of course I hope I make the best choice 99.9% of the time, and of course it is much less than that! So on my path of humaness, I take my lesson in judging others and find my focus back to where it needs to be; on myself and what I can change, and giving love and being of service! Flaws and all! :)

Much love from one human to another-

Jess