Sunday, June 26, 2011 - Posted by Jess at 6:04 PM
"Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud."
- Anonymous

Hello Friends!!! Welcome to OM Therapy blog!! My first blogging experience ever! So hope you enjoy! With the blog I hope to share with who ever reads it some tips on some Healing yoga and Nutrition ideas that I think would be helpful and also some personal experiences or thoughts going on in my life! In hopes that it can be of use to someone, somewhere out there!

Also check out the info for my Yoga for Healing programs and Nutrition Coaching. And when you are ready to get started; please email or give me a call! I would love to help!!!


So now that I got my little introduction out of the way I want to get back to the quote at the top of the post. "Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud."

Well as you can tell this is a brand new blog and with that comes alot of time and effort on my part.(not bad, but just alot of time!) And I am a mom of two young boys and a wife and have a whole host of other commitments. So with all of this and my many other commitments and obligations I was starting to feel overwhelmed and impatient! Which I am pretty sure is only natural with starting a business! But I was getting short with my boys and not really giving my husband the time he deserves from me and just feeling frazzled, and frustrated with myself. So I was talking with a friend about all of this the other day and he said that quote to me, and I realized how I hadn't been taking as much time for myself to feel balanced as I should. So I took his advice and did some extra meditation aside from my usual practice. And it never ceases to amaze me the clarity that comes from those quiet moments! The realizations of my impatience and selfishness with my family(so hard to admit out loud!) Or how I need to say NO to people sometimes! Wow, all of that from a mere 10 minute Yoga Nidra! So being a yoga teacher I am constantly reminding my students how important it is to take time for ourselves. And gosh how hard it actually is for me/us to take that time. So that wonderful reminder from my friend to take that time has helped immensely! I got what I needed to get done,done.(for now!:) ) I even happen to feel a bit more patient (my kids appreciate that!) But, I know that it is only a daily reprieve! Practice, Practice, Practice is what I need to do in order to keep it! So I will TRY to keep consistant with my practice so my family and friends get the best of me instead of the worst of me!! I know I would appreciate it!

Thanks for reading! Namaste!

Jess