Say Hello to your Certified Therapeutic Yoga Instructor!

Thursday, October 3, 2013 - Posted by Jess at 2:15 PM


Last week was one amazing week! I studied with two very inspiring teachers, Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peal of Therapeutic Yoga. You can check out their website at www.therapeuticyoga.com. If you are not sure exactly what Therapeutic Yoga is, it is an amazingly effective practice that combines restorative yoga poses, gentle yoga, breathwork, hands on healing and guided meditation. This blend helps bring the body into balance and reduce stress when you are recovering from/ or living with an injury or illness; or just need some stress reduction. Who couldn't use that! :)

My own experience was quit intense and much needed. First off, the gentleness in spirit of Cheri was healing all on its own, but the intelligence of the training was great. She helped me to understand just what "healing" meant. As you know, my family and I have been traveling for several months and will continue for about a year. All of this travel brings out the Vata nature in me!! And there have been times in our travel where I have felt very tightly wound and really needed some relaxation and grounding, (which doesn't happen often when you are in a constant state of motion as well as homeschooling two energetic boys. Not a whole lot of me time!:)  ) So when getting to work with others during the training, being the giver and the receiver, was so incredibly healing to the spirit. So now I feel on fire!! Can't wait to share all of this unbelievable experience with others!

As well as getting to learn the healing nature of Therapeutic yoga, I received great knowledge and information about the human body from Arturo.  Arturo was great at making the Anatomy portion understandable and fun to learn.  And after several courses and books on anatomy, I feel like I understand what I have learned!!  But of course there is always more to learn!!

I am so grateful for the experience and for my wonderful husband for helping out for the week with the kids! So now I can say I am official! I am a Certified Therapeutic Yoga Instructor, at your service! Can't wait to share this practice with you. Call me or email if you are interested in a session. See you soon!

Here is Cheri and I! Thank you for everything Cheri!


Love- Jess